With all the competition out there, growing your e-commerce shop is a huge challenge. But with the right set of tools, you can speed up the growth of your online store and take your business to the next level.
Do you have the right tools in your toolbox? Let’s take a look at some of the top tools e-commerce store owners use to boost their sales and revenue.
1. Enhanced e-commerce tracking by Google Analytics
If you’ve been running an e-commerce business for a while, chances are you’ve already set up basic Google Analytics tracking on your site.
While basic Google Analytics tracking gives you important visitor details like the geographical location, traffic source, popular content on your site, etc., these data are not enough to optimize your online shop to boost more sales and revenue.
How can you get more detailed data about your e-commerce customers?
To optimize your store, you need to enable enhanced e-commerce tracking on your website using Google Analytics. Enabling enhanced e-commerce tracking gives you several powerful reports of your online store:
- Shopping behavior: Discover how your users navigate from their first product view all the way through the checkout process.
- Checkout behavior: Learn how your visitors interact with the checkout process, and how many are abandoning the process.
- Product lists performance: Get detailed statistics on the performance of your products, like sales, revenue, conversions, refund amount, etc.
- And much more…
Enabling enhanced e-commerce on your site involves modifying your Google Analytics tracking code manually. But if you’re using WordPress, you can easily enable enhanced e-commerce in a few clicks with a plugin like MonsterInsights—no coding required.
2. Google Optimize
Do you want to conduct experiments on your site but don’t have the budget or team resources for an enterprise-level solution?
Then you might want to consider using Google Optimize for your site. Google Optimize is a powerful A/B testing solution for small and medium-sized businesses like you.
With Google Optimize, you can easily set up experiments to see what works best on your site. It’s built on top of Google Analytics, so you can use your analytics data to conduct A/B tests and improve the user experience and conversions on your site.
Wondering why you should give Google Optimize a try? Here are a few big reasons:
- It’s free: The cost is the biggest reason why many small- and medium-sized e-commerce site owners don’t conduct A/B tests on their site. As Google Optimize is free and is accessible to everyone, there’s no excuse not to test.
- Familiar UI: If you’re using Google Analytics, you’ll find the user interface of Google Optimize very familiar and intuitive. As a user, that’s an added advantage when you run A/B testing experiments.
- Uses Google Analytics’ data: Your Google Analytics data will be used in Google Optimize and vice versa. That means you get more advanced targeting and reporting.
Running an e-commerce store requires you to have a reliable marketing automation tool that is scalable and robust. If you’re looking for an all-in-one marketing automation software for your e-commerce store, Infusionsoft is the best bet for you.
Below are just a few things you get from using Infusionsoft on your site:
- CRM: At a glance, you can get everything you need to know about your leads and customers. Every interaction and purchase of your customers are communicated back to your CRM. This way you can easily create promotions you know your customers will love.
- Marketing automation: Capture your leads and send highly personalized emails based on your customer’s previous interactions like email opens, clicks, form submissions, and payment history.
- Storefront: Easily set up online shopping carts and manage your online store, inventory, and billing from a single system. Keep track of customer interactions and make informed decisions to keep the cash flowing.
Did you know that 96 percent of first-time visitors are not ready to purchase from your store right away? That means if you’re enticing your first-time visitors to make a purchase from your store right away, you’re missing the mark with most of your visitors.
That’s why it’s crucial to create a connection with your customers by enticing them to subscribe to your email list.
Once you have your potential customers on your list, you can nurture your relationship over time and eventually turn them into customers.
OptinMonster is the best lead generation software that allows you to easily capture emails of your visitors. With OptinMonster, you can create high-converting opt-in forms such as lightbox popups, floating bars, slide-ins, etc.
You can use OptinMonster to reduce shopping cart abandonment as well.
With its exit intent technology, you can easily turn the abandoning visitors into leads by prompting them with highly targeted campaigns at the precise moment they're about to leave.
If you want to offer the best possible experience to your customers, you’ll need to invest in an excellent customer support system such as HelpScout.
HelpScout eliminates the complexity of support tickets management and makes responding to support queries smooth and simple. Best of all, it allows seamless integration with more apps and business systems than most popular help desk tools.
It also gives you a complete customer history at your fingertips wherever you need it so you can respond to your customers in a timely manner by addressing their needs and concerns.
To take your online store to the next level, you'll need to identify the buying habits of your customers and entice them to take an action at the right time. With the tools I've covered here, you can grow the sales and revenue of your online store.