In today’s fast-paced world, running a marketing campaign can be complicated. The thought process takes a lot of time and some trial and error. However, many companies have adopted SMS into their marketing strategies and found some great results.
When you consider how many people have mobile devices, contacting them is easier than you think. Sure, social media and emails are popular forms of communication, as well, but how often do we check them compared the number of times we check our text message inbox? Using SMS software also allows customers to send in responses in real-time, making your campaign more interactive.
Not only does it communicate to consumers better, but it also benefits business in other ways. It’s budget-friendly and easy to use. Sending out a text message through a platform is reasonably cheap and also has other features to take advantage of such as voice broadcast, appointment reminders, voting channels, and so much more.
Consider these stats on SMS:
- 97 percent of text messages are opened, with email coming in at only 20 percent on average
- 23 billion text messages are sent per day
- 80 percent of people are now using text messaging for business in some way
- 70 percent of consumers appreciate getting text messages from their healthcare providers
- 75 percent of people would prefer to have offers sent to them via text
- 70 percent of employees think that companies should use texting for internal communication
- 67 text messages per day are sent by the average millennial
- One-third of business professionals can’t wait 10 minutes to respond to a text
Use the beginner’s guide to SMS marketing, created by Trumpia, below for some tips and tricks for helping with your campaign.
This article originally appeared in Relevance.
This article was written by Sophorn Chhay from Business2Community and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.