Well, we have another one for you. Whether you have a full distributed team, allow your employees to work remotely on occasion or are just beginning to outsource or work with a virtual assistant, here is a roundup of articles designed to help you get the most from working with your —teamregardless of where they are.
1. If you’ve only got time to read one post, make it this roundup of 24 Ideas That Will Change The Way Your Remote Team Works from the Help Scout Blog. This post covers communication, tools, strategy, and productivity–making it a fantastic one-stop resource for your virtual team.
2. The Buffer team has written extensively on the topic of their distributed team. Check out this blog post about how they work, read the CEO’s take on the joys working with a remote team, or peruse this product roundup of tools curated by the team.
3. Inspirational entrepreneur Danielle LaPorte shares a personal take on how her remote team handles the challenge of making their regular business meetings just as productive as they would be if everyone were jamming together in a board room.
4. Read the 14-chapter “Ultimate Guide to Remote Work” by Zapier for insight into hiring, culture, relationships, meetings and challenges like time zones and email overload.
5. Sarah Garber manages the remote marketing team at Trello. In this blog post she shares an informative list of tips to keep employees feeling connected and productive – noting “Just because employees are ‘remote’ doesn’t mean they’re meant to feel like they’re on a deserted island.”
6. Lifestyle magazine The Plaid Zebra’s post sums up the many benefits of remote working from the perspective of the employee who is seeking a little more freedom and perhaps indulging some wanderlust, while still doing work they love.
Do you manage or work on a distributed small business team? We would love to hear from you in the comments. What are your favorite tools, tips or strategies for making your remote team successful and productive?